Sunday 14 October 2012

Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies



Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies

1 can (540mls) of chick peas, drained well and rinsed very well. Allow to air dry for 10 minutes or so or hand dry with paper towel.
¼ cup honey (I used regular but you can use raw)
½ cup peanut butter (I used regular pb so I only used 1/4 cup honey. If using natural pb, use ½ cup honey)
2 tea. vanilla (I use clear but it doesn’t matter what kind you use)
1-2 Tablespoon ground flax (I use a coffee grinder but a blender might do the job as well)
½ tea. baking powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips (or carob chips or cut up raw chocolate)
I threw in a bit of oats as well as a like oats in everything :-)
Put all ingredients in food processor EXCEPT the chocolate chips. Process until blended very well. I just stopped a couple of times and scraped the sides down. Once it has that “unbaked cookie dough” look, add chocolate and process just a bit if using the chips or more if you are using the processor to chop up the chocolate chunks.
I use a cookie scoop (see pic) to form balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten down a bit with a spatula or as I did, with your fingers. Don’t’ worry about spacing, just as long as they’re not touching each other. Allow to cool on cookies sheet as they will be very soft at first but will firm up as they cool. Then transfer to a cooling rack, get your Almond Silk or soy milk ready and enjoy!!!.......great with a cup of tea too :-)

Bake at 350F. for 15-20 minutes.




Here are the cookies on the cooling rack.The underside will be a bit on the brown side but not overdone. I also used a convection oven so had mine in for only 15 minutes. 
The pic at the very bottom is my cookie dough scoop and on the tray with the cookies are some black bean brownies I made :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment